Makes 4 -6 Servings
- Olive Oil
- 3 C Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 C Halved Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Shallots, peeled and diced
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1# Farfalle Pasta
- 12 Strips of Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together oil and vegetables until well coated.
- Evenly spread vegetables into a single layer on baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables until squash is fork tender, approx. 30 min, stirring halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta til al dente, per the package instructions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
- Over medium heat, cook the bacon in a large, heavy bottom skillet until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Drain off the excess bacon grease into a small dish, but do not wipe out the skillet.
- Add the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, bacon, and cheese to skillet and combine well.
- Cook over low heat until a sauce starts to form. Add additional bacon grease as needed to prevent burning.
- Season to taste and serve warm.
- Omit the Parmesan Cheese for a Dairy Free Version.
- Substitute in a GF Pasta for a GF Version.
- Substitute Seitan or Vegan Bacon for the Bacon, add an additional TBSP of oil, and omit the Parmesan Cheese for a Vegan Version.