Makes 9×13 pan
- 6 bratwurst
- 2 # of New/Baby Waxy Potatoes (Red, Purple, White, etc.), washed and drained
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Bottle of Beer, Lager or Darker
- 2- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F and set rack into center of over.
- Thinly slice Onions, preferably with Mandolin Slicer.
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange bratwurst in dish so they are not touching; add potatoes evenly to dish, around bratwurst.
- Evenly cover the dish with the sliced onions to create a “lid”.
- Pour the beer over the dish, then sprinkle the salt evenly across the top.
- Place the dish in the center of the over and bake for one hour, stirring contents halfway through. Be sure to turn the bratwurst.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve warm with whole grain mustard.