Makes approx. 16 regular size muffins.
- 1 1/2 c All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 c White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 c Cashew Milk
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Peel or Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1ish c Shredded Zucchini or Yellow Squash
- 1 pint Blueberries, washed
- 1 c Walnuts, chopped
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add blueberries and walnuts, and stir to combine.
- In a second bowl, mix together egg, oil, milk, juice, peel, and vanilla. Add zucchini and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Fold until just moistened, no more than 30 strokes. Set aside.
- Pre-heat over to 350°F and line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- After mixture has rested for 10-15 min. and oven is pre-heated, fill cups approx. 3/4 full. (I prefer to use a Large/3Tbsp disher.)
- Bake muffins for 20 – 25 min, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and coll muffins in tins for 10 min. Turn out and finish cooling on rack.
- Cashew Milk can be interchanged with Almond, Soy, Rice, or animal milk.
- Walnuts can be substitutes with almonds, pecans, or macadamia nuts, or eliminated altogether.