Makes 1 dessert pie
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c (1 stick) melted Earth Balance Butter substitute
- 2-3 Tbsp Kentucky Bourbon (I prefer Evan Williams or Wild Turkey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 c soy-based semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk flour and sugar together in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, Earth Balance, bourbon, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips, until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 40 – 50 min, until golden brown.
- Let cool thoroughly before slicing.
- I haven’t actually tried this with the Earth Balance yet, but it should perform the same. I plan on trying it out with both plain vegetable oil and melted lard sometime in the future as well.
- Technically you can substitute the walnuts with pecans or almonds, but you will get a wholly different pie. And I will judge you. A lot.