Makes 6 – 8 Waffles, depending on size of Waffle Iron
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 C sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 C Soymilk
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Cooking Spray
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, & sugar in a large bowl, and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine Soymilk & lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and oil into milk mixture until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined (will be lumpy).
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes and pre-heat waffle iron.
- Lightly spray iron with cooking spray and spoon in roughly 1/2 C of batter onto iron. Close iron and cook 5-6 minutes. (Amount and cooking time may vary with waffle iron.)
- Remove cooked waffle with non-metal tongs or spatula and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until all batter is used.
- Other non-dairy ‘milks’ such as cashew or almond milk work just as well.
- I find the waffles are actually better after they have been frozen and then toasted. So make a big batch, stick them in a zip-top bag in the freezer, and enjoy as desired.