AKA AmazeBalls in AwesomeSauce
Makes 10# of Meatballs in Sauce
- 10# 80/20 Ground Beef
- 5 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 TBSP Ground Allspice
- 10 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cardamom
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- Kosher Salt
- 64 Oz. Tart Cherry Juice
- 1/3 C. Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl or aluminum roaster, combine beef, black pepper, allspice, 5 TBSP cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and 5 TBSP salt. Wearing gloves, mix well, until spice mixture is well distributed.
- Using a small disher, dish meatballs onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes, until meatballs are lightly browned.
- In a stockpot, combine cherry juice, lemon juice, remaining cinnamon, and a generous pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, or until syrupy.
- Remove sauce from heat, carefully add meatballs to sauce, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into an electric roaster or crockpot and set to warm. Serve meatballs hot.
- Meatballs can be made in advance and frozen. Be sure to defrost the meatballs 2 days in advance of use.
- Adapted From: Matar, Marlene. “Meatballs in Sour Cherry Sauce: Kabab Karaz“. The Aleppo Cookbook. Northhampton: INTERLINK BOOKS, 2017. p. 158