Makes approx. 3 dozen 2″ cookies
- 2 C. AP Flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. Butter, softened
- 1/4 C. Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 C. Turbinado Sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients, except sugar, in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Carefully add in egg and molasses and blend until well mixed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, blending slowly and occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, until just mixed.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and press down to form a seal across the dough. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line baking sheets with parchment, and fill a wide, shallow bowl with Turbinado sugar.
- Create dough balls using a #60 (~1 Tbsp.) Disher, and rolling them in your hands, then rolling them in the sugar until covered.
- Place on cookie sheet, leaving at least 2″ between balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are done in the center.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.
- You can double the recipe w/o issue, but any more than that, you will want to do in double batch rounds.
- Regular granulated sugar can be substituted for the Turbinado sugar if needed.
- This recipe *should* work with non-dairy ‘butters’, but I have not tried it yet. Let me know if it works for you!