Makes 4-5 c Carolina-Style BBQ Shredded Pork
- ~3# Pork Shoulder
- 4 c Coca-Cola
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 2 Tbsp Freeze-Dried Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 c Red Wine Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients, except pork, in a container and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour a small amount of liquid mixture into bottom of slow cooker, then place in pork.
- Pour remainder of mixture over pork and cover with slow cooker lid.
- Cook on Low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, shred, and stir back into cooking liquid.
- Serve on buns with Swiss or Provolone cheese/cheez and pickles.
- Serve over cheesy grits with green onions.