Makes approx. 1 gallon of salad
- 15# Carrots
- 3 1/2 C. Lemon Juice
- 2 C. Canola Oil
- 1 C. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/3 C. Sugar
- 1/3 C. Salt
- Preheat Oven to 400*F.
- Wash, peel, and cut Carrots to roughly equal lengths, between 1 -2″.
- Bake carrots in large roasting pans until just tender, 40 – 60 min.
- In a bar pitcher or large bowl, combine Lemon Juice, Canola, Oil, Minced Garlic, Black, Pepper, Sugar, and Salt.
- Blend with stick blender, cover, and refrigerate.
- Pour cold dressing over carrots right after they come out of the oven and mix well.
- Chill carrots until cold.
- Serve cold.
- Adapted From: Matar, Marlene. “Carrot Salad: Salatet Jazar“. The Aleppo Cookbook. Northhampton: INTERLINK BOOKS, 2017. p. 94