Makes 10 gallons of beverage.
- 2 – 48 fl. oz Bottles of Orange Tangerine Juicy Juice
- 3 C. White Sugar
- 5 C. No Pulp Orange Juice
- In a large stock pot, combine Juicy Juice and sugar.
- Cook over a low simmer until all sugar has dissolved and liquid is reduced to 1 qt.
- Cool syrup and store in one-quart mason jar in refrigerator.
Up to this point can be done up to one week in advance.
- To serve, fill cooler 3/4 full with ice. Add 1 pt. of syrup and 2 1/2 c of orange juice. Fill remaining cooler with water and stir with long handled spoon.
- Adapted From: Matar, Marlene. “Orange Beverage: Sharab al-Burtuqal”. The Aleppo Cookbook. Northhampton: INTERLINK BOOKS, 2017. p. 328