Makes 4-6 c shredded pork, depending on size of roast
- 3# Boneless Pork Roast (Butt or Shoulder)
- 2 liter Coca-Cola
- Smoked Season Salt (I use Penzey’s Smokey 4/S Seasoned Salt)
- 1 Bottle BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ)
- Thoroughly season pork roast with smoked season salt.
- Pour approx. 1/4 c of Coca-Cola into slow cooker, enough to cover bottom and place seasoned roast on top.
- Add enough remaining Coca-Cola to cover roast.
- Replace slow cooker lid and cook on Low for 8-10 hours. Pork is done when it easily shreds with two forks.
- Once cooked, remove roast from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Mix 4 Tbsp of cooking liquid with 1 c of BBQ sauce and stir into shredded pork.
- Add additional BBQ and/or cooking liquid as needed to achieve desired wetness.
- I haven’t tried using a dark pop other than Coca-Cola, so if you do, your mileage may vary.
- Mix up your spice blend to whatever you prefer, I happen to find the Smokey Season Salt an easy grab & go.