Makes 1 – 9×13 frosted cake
- 4 C apples, pared and diced
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C veggie oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 C powdered sugar
- Mix apples and sugar together in a large bowl. Add in oil, eggs, and 2 tsp vanilla and stir well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased or lined 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes at 350°F, until a toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and remaining vanilla together until combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
- Frost cool cake with frosting and serve.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Best practice is to make cake a day in advance and frost day of service.
- Have not yet tried this recipe with dairy-free products. If you have, please let me know how it turns out.