Makes 1 – 9×13 or 2 – 8×8 pans of stuffed shells
- 1/4 C chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 7 oz extra firm tofu, roughly chopped
- 1/2 C chopped zucchini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 C chopped fresh basil or 1 Tbsp dried
- Black Pepper
- 1# Box Vegan Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 8 oz bag Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
- 2 Qt. Your Favorite Vegan Tomato Sauce
- Cook pasta shells to al dente, per package instructions. Rinse pasta in cool water and let drain.
- Place the walnuts, garlic, tofu, zucchini, lemon juice, oregano, and basil in a food processor. Add pinch of salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt or pepper as necessary.
- Mix together half of mozzarella shreds with tofu ‘ricotta’.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of sauce into pan and spread until covered.
- Stuff cooled shells with cheeze mixture and place shells in sauced pan. Stuff until shells or cheeze is used up, or pan is full.
- Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells.
- If any cheeze mixture is leftover, place dollops of cheeze on top.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheeze over top of pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 – 55 minutes in a 350° F oven. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes to brown cheeze.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and serve.
- Use your favorite meat or non-vegan tomato sauce.
- Use real cheese as desired. You may need to add an egg to the cheese mixture to maintain texture.