Makes 1 – 8×8 ‘Dutch Baby’ Pancake
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) Non-Dairy ‘Butter’ (I use Earth Balance Vegan Sticks)
- 1 C Non-Dairy Milk (Rice or Soy Milk works best)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 C Flour
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon or Lemon Juice
- Place Stick “Butter” in 8×8 glass baking dish. Place in cold oven, and set oven to pre-heat to 400 °F.
- Blend together remaining ingredients, using an immersion or standard blender.
- Once the “butter” has melted, pour batter directly into hot pan.
- Bake for approx. 30 min, or until pancake is a dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar, and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Serve.
- Normally this is made with dairy milk & butter and puffs up a good bit. The non-dairy version tends to be a little denser/heavier, so it won’t puff up quite as much, but is still very tasty.
- Usually served with fresh strawberries and strawberry syrup, or just butter and maple syrup. A berry compote would also work well.